What Is Fiberglass?
Fiberglass or glass fiber is a reinforced plastic material which is composed of a woven material that is embedded with glass fibers that are randomly laid across each other and held together with a binding substance. Fiberglass is combined with resin to form an extremely strong and durable composite.
Is Fiberglass Bad?
We cannot say it is bad or good without preconditions. Fiberglass is used in a wide range of industries. Here is a list of a few:
- Construction: including house building and flat roofing
- Housing, including cold water storage tanks (one-piece tanks & sectional cold water storage tanks), bathroom utilities like shower trays and baths
- Automotive: including car body, panels
- Aviation: it is more commonly used for internal structures like luggage racks and not for external structures
- Marine: including fiberglass boats, dingy's, fiberglass boating, and surfboard repairs
- Electronic: including circuit boards, mobiles, Audio, and visual equipment
- Leisure: including playground amusements
Then why people may worry that their mattresses contain fiberglass? That's because people who handle or are exposed to this material can breathe in tiny bits of fibers. After a while, those bits can get stuck in a person’s lungs, leading to respiratory ailments. Fiberglass exposure can also inflame the eyes and skin, making them itchy.
Do SweetNight Mattresses or Toppers Contain Any Fiberglass?
We take your safety and satisfaction as our top priority. We do not use it anymore to make sure that our items are the best for our buyer's sleep experiences. Our mattresses, toppers, etc. do not contain any fiberglass at all. Please have no worries. You can please reach out to for more details.